Release of Liability
Please follow CDC and institutional guidance and common-sense precautions regarding exposure history, and refrain from participating if you or any household contacts are symptomatic.
This is an offer to help, not an endorsement nor officially affiliated program of any DC employer or academic institution. We are just a group of students, acting as private citizens, who want to help connect frontline health workers with support during the Covid-19 crisis.
We do not assume any liability for volunteers, healthcare workers, nor participants; you must use your own discretion to evaluate risk.
BY CLICKING, “I AGREE,” ON THE SIGN-UP FORM I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS SERVICE. I ACKNOWLEDGE:
- Though the person(s) I hire to provide the aforementioned services are students, I hereby release and waive all claims against their respective universities (including, but not limited to, Georgetown University, George Washington University, Howard University and their entities), and or the institution's agents, employees, volunteers, representatives, or students from injuries or damages arising from injuries related to my own, my child’s, my children’s or my pet’s participation in this service.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, I shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless DC COVID Sitters and affiliated participants from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, arising out of services offered by the student(s) or anyone for whose acts they may be liable.
- The student(s) hired through this service are not licensed medical providers.
- The student(s) hired will act on my behalf in a medical emergency, provided attempts to contact me were made in good faith and I was not available.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, I shall not hold any student(s) or organizer(s) or participant(s) of this service liable for any services outside the scope of the spring 2020 COVID/SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. I understand that student volunteers are not guaranteed to work for any length of time. If a volunteer needs to resign, every effort will be made to provide a new volunteer, but this is not guaranteed and is based on current supply and demand.
The safety and comfort of your family and the students are a priority to us. We look forward to working with you during these challenging times.
I certify that I have read this document, that I am at least 18 years old and can sign this form, and that I fully understand its content. I am aware that this is a release of liability and is a contract made in consideration of my participation.